CHAT

Saturday, March 17

That's All.

I'll try to play my version of THAT'S ALL at Golden Buddha tonite... so c'mon down and sing along or just enjoy my interpretation. I LIKELY won't sing it yet but I'm attempting to record it on video and upload it for this blog.

I haven't really gone through the chord changes in detail yet, but it's nifty-- whatever is going on there. I hear an echo of it from Rod Stewart, the 1970's rock star who has done amazing things over the past ten years with his versions of old standards.

[Rod Stewart's version]

[Eugene Portman] Piano version. 4 min. Straight piano, excellent. Some altered chords I'm not even doing. Fancier than it has to be. Video pcis don't make much sense although the pictures of wine bottles are good. I can't teach you to do it this way... this pianist is MY teacher... just to give you an idea of my own level of play.

[Me, doing my version]

No comments: