CHAT

Thursday, October 10

Morning Has Broken

Here's the original version which I'm happy and amazed to discover on Youtube along with everything else I've ever listened to but can now watch...


Here's a tentative version by me... which is more of a practise session but in the interests of getting something posted on this, I'll throw it up here-- and redo it later.






Before I play my rendition, check this music score video out! I discovered these on Youtube years ago but I don't think I've done enough to promote them among students. They're great training as you watch them over and over, as a relative beginner and intermediate student. It's even fascinating to watch as an experienced player.


I'll include my rendition in the next day or two. I'm still working on it since I discovered flaws I don't want to video tape without correcting first. I ran across Rick Wakeman of all people doing a rendition that's phenomenal, as would be expected. I only have the link here otherwise this page becomes too dense to load quickly. You can hit the back button on your browser when it's done.
Rick Wakeman - Morning Has Broken [2011] - YouTube

As always, we're running lessons and playing at George and Son Restaurant so if you're in Phoenix and want some coaching, consultation or live piano music with that personal infusion at your party or function, get in touch with me at rick_potvin@yahoo.com and I'll consider your situation. We have a portable Korg piano with excellent sound and can respond to gig requests within a matter of hours or days. I often joke about calling my service "Emergency Piano" ...just in case you have a piano emergency.

CONTINUED ON NETWORK54 FORUM
I'll install my own rendition on the forum page this time since otherwise this blog page will take too long to load for some browsers.  I'll try to point out how the transposition works too. You can participate in the forum with no login required.---> [+]