CHAT

Sunday, October 11

Videography of live guitar using zoom X on old Canon camera at Sunnyslope Artwalk 2015

Dorothy and I took to the streets of Sunnyslope-- a neighbourhood in north central Phoenix where we live-- for the annual ArtWalk Festival where vendors sells arts and crafts and local musicians make some noise. It's still over 100F in October during the day so the nights, though cooler, are still warm. My video objective tonight was simply to gather some live musicianship on tape. I had to remind myself of the tape speed, the lighting choice and the zoom technical aspects of things. I used iMovie to process about 15 choice minutes but the program collapsed on my Mac-4 and I lost 3 hours of work. To suffice, I just resurrected a 3 minute guitar vignette and some stills.


 I work at Guitar Center in Peoria so if you see this post and you're local, drop by and say hello. - Rick











 


Here's Dan who I worked with in Auto Upholstery in the late 1990's around the corner at Dave Pizer's auto upholstery shop. Dan is now with the City of Phoenix running their mixing board for concerts. He recognized me before I recognized him. I haven't seen him in over 10 years at least.