CHAT

Saturday, September 17

Wikifonia best source for lead sheet music.


Source [+] Fantastic!

Good morning piano students. This morning I found a great source of lead sheet music. The site operates the same way as Wikipedia with contributions and edits from users. Let me tell you how i found it.

I have been looking for the introduction for "Luck be a Lady", from the broadway play "Guys and Dolls". All the regular sheet music and lead sheets leave out the introduction. I don't understand why they do that. It ruins the piece, in my opinion. The introduction lyrics set the song up and it's always essential to play it. Anyway, it was hard to find.

I googled around and around and finally found this site... [Wikifonia]. What I was looking for was free and available here... take a look at how nicely it displays... [+] I took one look at that and knew I had to have it so hit their print button--- when they asked me register-- but no credit card needed! So register I did and a minute later I had that complete intro with correct chords and lyrics that were too labour intense for me to sit and listen and figure out myself. Beautiful!

So as my online piano student, I highly recommend this site. It works. And the price is right. There are more elements to the site but basically I've explained the fundamental reason you would use it. I'm sure you can do more with it than I have.

[Discussion]

2 comments:

Johan Carlos said...

There is so much in this article that I would never have thought of on my own. Your content gives readers things to think about in an interesting way. Thank you for your clear information. https://fireinsidemusic.com/best-beginner-keyboard/

Best said...

i never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful. Piano Teacher Sydney