CHAT

Thursday, May 23

Satin Doll by Duke Ellington is one of the most famous standards of all time.

Satin Doll, a standard by Ellington is practically an anachronism in the music world so I had to force myself to get interested in it and make it fresh again for myself, somehow-- some way. I decided to take closer look at the lyrics-- which I never understood-- through an article on the net where we find meanings for all the songs we never knew the meanings of and thus recharged my interest. I've been collecting the youtube'd versions of the song that seem interesting to me as well. The following is a playlist that starts off with my performance and continues with a half dozen other various Youtubes of others doing it so you can get a better idea of the overall idea of the song. 
Discussion and separate youtubed versions....
 SATIN DOLL