CHAT

Sunday, June 8

Knuckle-part of knuckle song on black keys is part of BubbleGum

I had occasion to teach this song the other day but I didn't realize that the knuckle part on the black keys is a small part of the entire song called Bubble Gum. You learn something new on the internets every day. There is a serious side to this-- in that the knuckle part is a great way to break the ice with students because it's silly and plain fun and easy. I never met anyone who didn't want to try it themselves. Watch for it near the end of BubbleGum.


Here's someone who took with the short knuckle part of BubbleGum and played it twice in every octave of his piano. This is part that I teach-- and now that I've seen this demo, I think it might make sense to teach it in various octaves as well. This demonstrates the "sameness" of the groups of keys called an octave, from the low to high range... in a silly engaging and fun way. 


More discussion at the following link.
KNUCKLE SONG