CHAT

Monday, August 23

Suggested viewing-- experimental learning / instruction process continues

     This blog is only a prototype... of something I have a vague idea of... in other words, I'm not sure where I'm going with it... but I have elements such as... my recommendation to "students" to view these sites and videos I've picked out for you this afternoon... they're all rated ok for kids... and any adults too..





     Basically, be prepared to consider a few of these with seriousness after you've enjoyed them... in particular, I have the music for The Swan... intermediate level... but I still need the chords and chord analysis for the very funny presentation of Up Up and Away... you can find them and post them here... As far as Weird Al goes... consider his articulate and very legible lyrics... and we'll talk about how high a rating he gets and why... finanally the collaborative piano blog from the RCM where I attended school for a time... is worth looking at. 

    Lessons are basically conversations of growth... where there is an exchange... I'd say about 80/20  in favor of my giving new ideas to the student-- that's why they're the student.. but the feedback I take (the 20%) is required for me to "hear" what that student wants... and to use it for my own growth... Read Grow or Die... to learn more about that... google it yourself... the Future of Education is online... like this I think... and this is still developing. If you are in high school and require extracurricular piano classes, give me a hoot.. at rick_potvin@yahoo.com... 

No comments: