CHAT

Wednesday, November 14

Tomita.

As part of our piano lessons here, I want to be sure that you the student have some exposure to the early synthesizer music that has never really been duplicated quite like it was created, originally. Isao Tomita was one of the first pioneers of this type of music and with todays synthesizers and modern keyboards, anyone can now do something similar. Here is one of Tomita's early albums from the 1970's.

I hope you enjoyed that. I transferred it to CD along with other albums and it helps me fall to sleep or to    fall asleep again during the night if I awaken. I've taken one piece that Tomita used in the above album,  Canon in D by Pachebel, and I've used several different synthetic sounds on my Korg digital piano to create a variety of effects. I haven't used this machine a lot preferring to stay with piano since that is where I've made my living. However-- after reaquainting myself with Tomita, the idea of using different sounds has some novelty to me again. As well, our many students might benefit from playing their songs on the portable keyboards they own with one of the hundred different MIDI sounds.



Join me in further discussion and analysis of Tomita, synthesizers and Canon in D  [Discussion

No comments: