CHAT

Tuesday, February 4

Clouds by David Gates ("Bread")

Listen for the I - I+5 - I6 piano pattern repeating every verse.


 I was reminded of Clouds by David Gates this afternoon because the sky in Phoenix was full of big white puffy clouds as it always is this time of year--- fantastic puffy white cumulus clouds all over the place. I found the song on trusty Youtube then got inspired to take a video montage of some of the clouds I watched-- but of course video can't do them real justice. Still, it's an attempt. Once I captured that, I went to iTunes to see what music I could apply to it on iMovie and found a copy of Cowboy Strut. I bave no idea what the copyright implications are at this point but I guess with Youtubes automatic robot music copyright infraction finder, I'll be notified soon if there's a problem. If there is, I'll do my own version of Cowboy Strut and upload it with this video. Here it is with a shot borrowed from Google pic search of Phoenix skyview at the very end. I haven't been making videos but maybe I'll start. Piano lessons applied to videos might be very interesting to do and teach.

I've decided to do my own version of Clouds by David Gates... with piano and possible vocal which is less likely to be a problem for Youtube copyright robots, especially if I interpret it liberally. As soon as I do-- over the next day or two-- I'll delete the CowboyStrut in the video above and replace it with Clouds covered by me.

Here's the video of me doing Clouds


More on this tune in the discussion at this link-
Rick Potvin | Piano Lessons in Phoenix, Arizona: CLOUDS - David Gates-- full suite

No comments: