CHAT

Saturday, February 6

Modes playlist of videos watched by me

I'm going to watch every video on the following playlist about modes. Join me and comment below.


1.

How to apply the modes - Part one (How to play any mode, in any key, with any scale shape)
Rick says.... I don't normally start with a guitar explanation but today I was playing guitar at Guitar Center so I'm interested in how "they" (guitar players) explain modes. The first video has Rob Chapman describe scale "shapes"-- in one key-- G-- which is similar to what I've been doing in terms of describing the "shape" of a C scale on the piano--- THEN transferring to other keys. Traditional explanations describe modes changing keys for all 7 modes and that's a horrible way to explain them 
2. Second video--- coming up in coming hours of Sunday 7 Feb.

No comments: