CHAT

Tuesday, February 2

The Piano Guys isn't really the way piano should be treated.

I should be interested, as a piano guy, in The Piano Guys-- but I'm not. The following is a playlist on their website. I'll explore it and try to figure out what I reject.... or whether my thinking on it is justified. The first problem, without even thinking, is that they're attempting to play 3 pianos. Piano isn't to be treated like that-- as part of a piano ensemble. That's complete utter piano sacriledge (?). And where does the money come from for this massive effort? Who is behind it? A lot of things here are unexplained. It all seems contrived to me.




FIELD RECORDING IS NOT POSSIBLE
Recording this complex piece out in the middle of a field as pictured is not possible. The video might be green screened-- in fact there are indications of this. I won't go into that analysis here other than to see the entire thing is fake. The quality of the recording can only be done in a studio. It's insulting to viewer/listeners to create a video like this. They should simply take scenes from the studio recording sessions and splice them together from real scenes from Scotland if that's the impression they're attempting to create. Interestingly, I see an American flag in the distance on the upper right corner. Many of the rock and roll videos on youtube from all the decades going back involve accepted millie-vanilli-type of music fraud lipsynching when there was no need for it. Apparently bands who lyp synch their own song is accepted in the music industry. I prefer live as much as possible. The Piano Guys might not even be the same guys in all videos-- I'll look into it.

No comments: