CHAT

Saturday, May 5

When I try to sing, I keep Jimmy Durante in mind.

Here, Jimmy Durante-- not a good singer really by any standard you would normally judge singing-- but he does get the high notes somehow-- and he's got the right attitude in "young at heart". He sits at the piano but doesn't play it.... which is puzzling but at least he does get close to the piano and nobody can say he's not "sitting at the piano while singing". I would think being young at heart involves having a pretty good sense of humor... and that's where Durante gets his highest honors. It's amazing we get to see these old clips on Youtube 60 years after they're made, isn't it? Simply amazing. And this is why I think PianoLessonEtc.com is unique in it's offer of piano lessons-- I'm the only online piano lesson instructor who offers the Etcetera part! What other piano instructor requires you to watch Jimmy Durante? You won't find another one.




No comments: