CHAT

Sunday, May 13

Yellow Brick Road played and sung by Elton & Rick: Compare

With piano lessons today, you can compare and contrast yourself with your favorite artists. Below are two videos, the first is Elton doing Yellow Brick Road, then below that is me. You can start and stop a few bars of the first, then start and stop the same bars on the second. There's nothing to compare to monkey see monkey do techniques of learning. It's how the neanderthal got by for 200,000 years until Cromagnon came along. It should still work today. Here's my attempt... Piano lessons should now now include public performance to the best of your ability. It gets you over the fear of stage fright and you can compare your work to others, and allow others to compare the quality of your work. It's a good motivator. When you take lessons from me, I throw roman numeral chords at you early as well as youtube performance. The only problem I have with Elton John is that he's gay and I'm not. I hope he's not singing about a guy because if that's the case, I'm going to have to NOT sing this song. I'll examine the lyrics to see if it can apply to a girl. Anyway, that's what I get for not paying attention to lyrics for years. You never know quite what you're saying.

No comments: