CHAT

Wednesday, September 3

Rick Potvin's Piano-Vocal Lesson-Performance Playlist for Coldplay's Charlie Brown Glowing in the Dark


Coldplay's Charlie Brown Glowing in the Dark... is apparently a big hit that I was in ignorance of until just in the past day or two. Pop culture of the current youth really gets ahead of you if you're an adult interested in serious world affairs (me).  You really have to wonder if pop culture is good for anything given that they're songs have nothing to do with world affairs. It's an alternative universe, in fact, that is divorced from anything I consider to be reality. Oh well. Kids today, eh? The world is going to hell, but kids want their smartdumbphone and sillymusic. 

My latest playlist starts with me playing my first attempt at this fairly ugly tune-- made pretty only through noggin' banging repetition and familiarization. (Is that what brainwashing is?). I thought I'd start with me since this is my blog. Second to me are the originators of the terrible hit, the band Coldplay who I first heard of when Dorothy and me played piano for the Collins' Brothers restaurant on Central Ave. in Phoenix called Central Grille. We had requests for Coldplay in 2008 but I was in sheer ignorance of this band. Oh well. 

Here's a list of the videos in the playlist.
Me playing and singing. 
Coldplay's official video.
Some kid taking a piano lesson who refuses to read his music. 
A Karaoke version with the original vocalist.
A Karaoke version without upfront lyrics-- but "guide" lyrics in the background so you can start practicing singing along.
Finally, Gaving Mikhail with the best and only other beside me piano vocal cover.





DISCUSSION forum thread
http://www.network54.com/Forum/233819/thread/1408974145/CHARLIE+BROWN+%28Coldplay%29