CHAT

Saturday, January 31

Roger Williams at 86 played a 12 hour marathon here in Phoenix in 2010

I was working so missed the Roger Williams concert at the new Musical Instrument Museum here in Phoenix where he played for 12 hours straight-- still going strong at 86 years old! I thought I'd look it up on Youtube to see if anyone recorded and posted it. Sure enough! What do you know? He does a nice little show here-- very nice show-- taking requests and doing humor. Beautiful typical Rogers Williams style. Lots of humorous improv too. I always wondered how he did that famous run in Autumn Leaves-- was it double recorded or real? The camera doesn't view his fingers in the second part of the video so again I can't be certain but I think it's real. I have the sheet music and it very possible it's real.