CHAT

Wednesday, November 20

2 hr. concert by Electric Light Orchestra - Rick's Picks.

I don't merely think it's my so-called "opinion" that this is a superior band... I think it IS a superior band in the general scheme of things and reality in general. Check it out yourself. I hear my neighbour playing pounding nonsensical rap, frequently-- and I have to tell you-- there "is" something beyond relativism and opinion because what he's listening to is disgusting and low compared to ELO. Merely considering the comlexity of chord changes and harmonies alone-- you've got something here with ELO that transcends most of the garbage that passes for music in 2013. This is as a reunion concert performed in 2001 of a group that became famous for their flying saucer record album covers in the 1970's when we still had tariffs to protect our industries.