CHAT

Tuesday, November 19

Practising scales & arpeggios is good for you.

I started a new thread in the discussion & notes area this morning that I've been meaning to do for some time-- but because the topic is boring-- I've not gotten around to it till now-- that is-- pracising scales. The only way to get something done is to find a way to make it interesting in my opinion. And so it must be with scales. Given todays lighter and relatively inexpensive keyboards and pianos with hundreds of "voices", not to mention drum-patterns, the old fashioned piano conservatory must give way to a more entertaining way to educate yourself in scales and arpeggios. To begin, I found this appropriate Disney clip from the cartoon Aristocats, dealing with scales and arpeggios. Click on "continue" after the video to view more ideas about scales that I think will help. (If you're viewing this in email, see the video by clicking on the title of this post above.)


Continued...

SCALES and ARPEGGIOS starting with scene from Aristocats.

Other discussion threads I recommend... 

VEGAS - by Piers Morgan - Nothing to do with piano lessons - just a fun travelogue I found.

xBASIC INSTRUCTION - Keynames for absolute beginners- aimed at children 

xLOWERY ORGANS - My recently selected videos for Lowery customers and students.

xTHEATRE ORGANS - 1 - A look at theatre organs, of which the Lowrey is a descendent.

MORNING HAS BROKEN - Cat STevens-- then Rick Wakeman - Includes my own delivery.

LESSONS - Beautiful Brown Eyes - A beginner song used in Dorothy's course

#suncityaz - AD for ORGAN LESSONS in #suncityaz - For Lowery customers in Sun City 

LearnPianoIn30Days.com - One of thousands of websites purporting to help you learn 

DUELLING PIANOS - same all over - one agent? monoploy? [AMAZING PIANOS] - Odd!

See immediately below for recent blog posts & below that-- an Index.