CHAT

Thursday, January 9

Andy Pobjoy does Sunny Side of the Street.

I like it when the old old, really old standards-- are "revived" with a new updated lounge sound. Here's Andy Pobjoy who plays cruise ships-- which I've been looking at lately-- Carnival in particular-- playing Sunny Side with his quartet. What I like about Anyd Pobjoy is the sense of humor he brings to the piano. It's slightly irreverent but respectful of the original at the same time. Leave it to the Aussie's. You can't find an act like this in Phoenix where I am. Piano players here use backtrax and you can't tell, anymore, if the piano is being backtracked as well with the "piano player" merely doing a kareoke act. Anyway, there's more Andy on the Youtube options after this one finishes. I recommend you listen to several of his songs-- as today's "etc" part of this piano lesson.
 

More...  Andy Pobjoy