CHAT

Tuesday, January 7

Piano added to Blues guitar nite at Sam Ash

Dorothy and I went to Sam Ash blues guitar nite-- the first Tuesday nite of every month-- tonight. I didn't take the video camera-- but if I did you'd see something like the following-- with me and Dorothy taking turns on piano of course. We're getting to know the regulars that go the Phoenix jam nights. We've invited our students out to our fave nite-- piano/keyboard/synth nite. We're looking forward, as instructors to not only play but to get our students up there too. It's currently a purely speculative gambit but it looks as though the Sam Ash stores are really open to trying just about anything to help make music happen. Here's a sample of some other store's blues nite-- I'll try to capture scenes from our own store soon and post them here.


The video cam is, to me now-- a musical instrument itself-- because without it I can't post what we did tonite. I started one of our rounds with G-F-C-- which is I-bVII-IV-I... the chord changes for Takin Care of Business. We didn't have mics set up but we were able to riff on it for several minutes. Here's the original-- I'll try to capture our own production next time.


More... --->
Tuesday is blues nite-- (th. is piano nite)