CHAT

Friday, November 27

Consider videogame music-- Mario Bros.main theme

I have never been a fan of video game music. It's not "real music", is it? And yet it is, unfortunately, "popular" music. So I'll have to look at it. Here's a developing playlist of the Mario Brothers music that is now on the menu of my teaching schedule at Guitar Center as a result of a student there. The score book doesn't have chords but of course, chords are embedded here. It MAY be possible to turn this awful "music" around and make it into a sort of ragtime with latin combinations here and there. I'd have to slow it down a bit and play it in a viable piano style rather than simply copy it note for note as many youtubers do. In effect, I think it CAN be interpreted to be something viable. Time will tell. My video camera is fried at the moment so it'll likely be a few weeks before I upload my take on Mario Brothers. In the meantime, just hit play on this playlist and hear what I've selected as relevent listening for my listening friends.