CHAT

Wednesday, November 18

Musicians under terror attack?

Despite cancellations of performances at music venues all over France due to the Paris attack, our own Guitar Center recital went ahead in downtown Phoenix at Hard Rock Cafe. I was not able to go because my car's front end axle went out and the car was in the shop overnight for repairs. I didn't have piano students in this particular recital. What does it say, however, when terrorists target "Cafes", concert halls and stadiums? Apparently we musicians are "soft targets".  How ridiculous is that?

Here's a video report on the response of musicians to being under attack. (The first video below is part of a 150 video playlist. You can click on the upper left corner to start it off at an earlier number to let it play forward).


On another line of related observation, I've heard and seen pairs of black military helicopters flying fast and very low over Phoenix over the past week the likes I've which I've never seen here before. In particular, last night at 10:30 pm, they flew over my house twice creating a thundering noise so loud it shocked me... even though I'm used to the usual medical, police and news choppers flying over. It's being talked about on social media. Could they be a prelude to another drill gone live? SEARCH GOOGLE FOR Re: Phoenix, Arizona Helicopters Everywhere