CHAT

Monday, January 4

Lesson-Playlist for "You've Got a Friend" [James Taylor]

I think I was able to impersonate James
Taylor a little bit in vocals
(#6 on playlist below) AND
appearance, no? Well,  I think so.
The lyrics that James Taylor sings were written in the 1970's. My upcoming parody version (which I'll include in coming days or weeks as I get a chance) will change some lyrics to accomodate social media.

For example when Taylor writes "just call out my name", I'd like to use "just eee mail my name". Or when he says "I'll come runnin' to see you again"-- no I won't. I won't run... but I'll "I'll skype-call you again". Of course, the lyrics will have to have metre and rhyme-- but there's no way I can do what James Taylor suggests in this song... just so the readers know.

 It's a different world. We have the internet now. Let's see if we can adapt James Taylor's song to social media and get pretty good effects as intended. Winter, spring, summer or fall... all you have to do is tweet... and I'll tweet back-- you've got a friend.