CHAT

Sunday, January 24

Rick's tribute to Eagles & Glen Frey playlist

I present to you... my tribute to
Glen Frey of the Eagles.
Glen Frey, lead guitar and composer for the Eagles, passed into the next dimension in the past week. I grew up listening to Eagles so it's with some degree of reflection that I absorbed that news. Shortly after, I played Hotel California-- one of their most famous hits-- although I had had an extra High Life beer so I was a bit tipsy. I haven't posted the clip till now because a) I had to think twice about posting while drinking and b) Youtube seems to be not accepting uploads from me for several days. The following upload was done right on the blogger site-- and thus there is no playlist associated with it. I'll have to solve that problem in coming weeks. UPDATE: I was just getting over a nasty cold as I did this as well-- so I'm more nasal and rough voiced than normal-- furthermore I didn't think to transpose down a few half tones as I normally do with pop songs. DESPITE all those problems, I post it here "anyway". VIDEO UPDATE- It turns out Blogger uploads to Youtube so that's weird-- I'll research this further and hopefully find a possible end run.

I got my 30th subscriber today, as well... which is fun to see. Welcome #30... ! Post in comments below  or request tunes. Imagine that---every time I post here, the post goes out to 30 emails automatically. I suppose I'd better keep that in mind and blog responsibly. 


Given the fact that Youtube is apparently preventing me from uploading, I'll try some alternatives besides the Blogger upload above. One host that worked today was vidme.com.

No comments: