CHAT

Wednesday, December 11

A "real" sleigh ride for the snow-- using Sleigh Ride soundtrack.

There's a famous Sleigh Ride song soundtrack by an orchestra I haven't looked up since so many have done it and it's so widely available on Youtube. However part of our philosophy here at PianoLessonsEtc is that piano lessons need a context of real music that is really happening out there in the real world and right now-- with the snow in the northeast, real sleighrides are happening. What's critical here is to enjoy the following really good Youtubed sleigh ride... then the best piano version I've found so far. If you're reading this in your email, click on the title above or the "posted by Rick to PianoLessonsEtc.com" line at the bottom to view the video. 



Now a one man piano/vocal version... of which there exists but ONE on Youtube-- mine. Everyone else seems to play piano duets or has a choir singing with a piano or orchestra. Nobody but me has yet posted a piano/singer acting solo. Go figure. The discussion following the video will address the chord changes-- and interesting key center changes-- moving from F to A then to G and back to F. Suspended minor ii chord at the end, 6ths, Major 7ths and bell-sound effects are all part of this song. I tried to look wintry with my scarf and sweater but I'm wearing a Hawaiian shirt underneath because it was fairly warm in Phoenix today. I'm not sure about props but it just seemed the right thing to do. I don't have sleigh bells so I used old Christmas bells I had lying around to create the illusion of sleigh bells. I think it works, sort of. 


Discussion
SLEIGH RIDE