CHAT

Tuesday, December 3

Yahoo commits suicide-- I've gone back to AOL-- "You've Got Mail".

Yahoo has been changing its interface to the anger of its customers-- and despite that rising tide of anger-- Yahoo continues to sabatage workarounds. I got hit today and the last solution I came up with was simply to leave. But what would I use as an alternative. Gmail, mail.com and others all seem to be "gluey" and "sticky" or "invasive" or overloaded. I recalled "You've Got Mail", the movie from 1994. It's "soundtrack" was as famous as "Can You Hear Me Now", the cell phone company. I can't think of any song based on those lyrics but maybe but it seems to me now that there should have been. That's where it comes in handy to know your music so you can write the next big hit. Here's the line...

And here's the trailer... based on "social media' as it was 20 years ago -- in 1994. Seems like only yesterday to me.


I've decided to abandon the self-destructing Yahoo after uncountable years of use-- and try AOL again which I was initially signed on with in the early 1990's. Who'd have thunk eh? Discuss...
YAHOO destroyed their email-- I'll likely check in weekly instead of daily

By the way, my new email address is rick_potvin@aol.com. I'll be updating my business cards, websites and other output. I'll still check into my yahoo address weekly, then monthy... then never.