CHAT

Saturday, December 21

Tush, on guitar by ZZtop then piano by me.


If you're reading this in your email, click on the title above or the "posted by Rick to PianoLessonsEtc.com" line at the bottom to view the video. 

It's interesting to compare the original versions of songs with a piano rendition. Here's Tush by ZZ top.


Now here's a piano version by me.


There's a duelling piano artist in Vegas, Kim Pinegar. I can't tell if she's got a laptop on the piano and is using a backtrax or not. I think she is. I can't even tell if she's really playing or not or just doing karoeke and pretending to play. It's mostly piano anyway-- so it's a close enough version. It's missing the bVII to VII to I lick however... which is odd. And a few chords are wrong, yet she hang with it which means, to me, that the entire instrumental including piano is prerecorded and Kim just sings along looking at lyrics on the laptop on the piano... which has, in fact, a dead keyboard.

Discussion...Does she play or -- is it mostly backtrax with her chords hammered out... with a karoeke screen in front of her? ... plus-- more on Tush replaced by Lunch.
KIM PINEGARand more on Tush