CHAT

Wednesday, December 11

Rick plays Beatles' tune "I Saw Her Standing There"

UPDATE--- 
My version of this tune was slapped with a "copyright notice" by Youtube. This hasn't happened in awhile and it might be due to my forgetting to write the disclaimer-- or it could be that my song too closely matched the melody line of the original and their computer detected that. In any case, this is dumb. But it's what Youtube is doing. As far as I understand it, if you maintain more than 3 videos with notices, your entire account is erased and shut down for good. I removed the "offending" video-- even though I look and sound nothing like the Beatles. My imitation/cover was too good. 


ORIGINAL POST-- 
An ancient Beatles tune, I Saw Her Standing There, is still usable at many functions. Watching them perform it helps me get the right "zing" into it. The chord changes are straightforward I IV V7 with the occasional bVI on the "wooo"...If you're reading this in your email, click on the title above or the "posted by Rick to PianoLessonsEtc.com" line at the bottom to view the video. 
 

I can do this live with a bit of scrambling to get the keyboard rhythm selection right and I use a Hammond organ on the right hand instead of straight piano. I think it's good subsitute for all the electric guitars. I thought I'd try to get the look and feel of the original by wearing a shirt and tie like they did-with a jacket-- and recorded in B&W. I'm beginning to think more about the performance "look and feel" of the song instead of just the chords and the basics. Certainly the vocoder helps to give my voice a thicker sound with the setting on 15 - Unison. The only think I'm missing is a green-screen with an audience in the background. If you're reading this in your email, click on the title above or the "posted by Rick to PianoLessonsEtc.com" line at the bottom to view the video. 


If you're reading this in your email, click on the title above or the "posted by Rick to PianoLessonsEtc.com" line at the bottom to view the video.