CHAT

Monday, December 30

Robert Reich parodies Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody line.

I love it when I TV commercials, Youtube ads, radio jingles and other advertising uses music familiar to me. As a musician, I like it because it refreshes, renews and recontextualizes songs for younger generations who may never even have heard the song before. It gives me something new to play for restraurant crowds or other private party or corporate party audiences that has currency. This morning, I was amused to find Robert Reich's latest pitch beginning with his short parody of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody line "nothing really matters, to me".... with reference to the do-nothing Congress. Take a look...


Here's the original. Please note the piano in the background--- in the introduction. Then the bass joins in. This is a song I really should consider adding to my own repertoire. As I do, maybe I'll show you readers of this blog what the chords are and how to adapt your voice to do the tune without ruining yourself. Note too that the Youtube views are more than 60 million. That's a significant audience for this song still. My only problem with the song are the depressing lyrics-- which I've not really considered before. Note the guitar solo into the song-- important to piano players interested in guitar (as cross training). The vocals are impeccable of course, too.


Discussion, more video examples on piano and solo performances, paradies, chords etc. No login required.
BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY - Robert Reich parodies Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody line.