CHAT

Saturday, December 5

Angie

So this Hawaiin girl comes into Guitar Center with her friends from ASU and she asks me if there's a patch cord for the ukelele she's testing. Of course, I go find a patch cord and plug it into the amp at the front of the store beside the piano. She proceeds to strum fairly well but she doesn't know the names of the chords she's playing so I just follow along on the piano. She says her name is Angie. Of course, I'm reminded of the Stones song but she can't follow along with Am to E to G to C because she only strums chords without really knowing the name- - nor can she count out 4 beats in a routine way. Agggh! Anyway we played piano and ukelele at the front of the store with some onlookers and got by for a few minutes. When I got home I decided to look at this song again-- as well as the powered ukelele... which will be part of the following playlist. My goal is to play Angie (and sing it) using a powered ukelele. Until Angie, I didn't even realized there were big powered ukelele's in my own store. -Rick P.