CHAT

Wednesday, December 9

Problems with private parties-- you never know what the piano is like.

We often bid on jobs at Gig Salad or Gig Master and we get some but I'm very picky. This new request for a bid leaves me a bit baffled. Thier party theme says Christmas but it's on Jan. 8, obviously well after Christmas. And they also have a 1920's theme. This is red flag to me that they don't know what they want... so it's problematic to be enthusiastic and confident about bidding on it. As well-- you have to wonder what shape the piano is in-- if they think it already is suitable for 1920's music. I'm reticent about it. Here's the ad... then a playlist of some 1920's piano music in a playlist I created, including some of Dorothy's Honky Tonk Western show... which might or might not apply.