CHAT

Tuesday, December 29

Half steps and whole steps on piano - a playlist edutainment production by Rick Potvin

Piano Instructor and Part-time
Half-Wit Rick Potvin
Lately, I'm really digging this Youtube playlisting of videos. Sure, I've known how to use it for years but-- for whatever reason-- I'm suddenly turned onto the concept on a whole new level. Rather than try to analyze "why?"-- I'll simply continue to do it as long as it seems useful or interesting and worry about "why now?" later.

Today, let's look at Half Steps and Whole Steps, otherwise called Half Tones and Whole Tones. (Does a Half-Wit neccessitate the existence of a Whole-Wit?--hmmm.... Note that Going-Halfway does not correspond in the alternative to Going-Wholeway-- but rather Going-ALL-the way... but enough of my half-baked attempts at whole-baked humor). Let's see where this playlist goes-- indexed below under half-wit--er... half tone whole tone for future reference.