CHAT

Wednesday, December 9

Santa Clause as guitar or piano player.


I got a Sam Ash music store ad that intrigued me because I haven't seen the image before-- that of a Santa Clause playing electric guitar. It's a still but I thought it was a clever promotion, given this Christmas promotional month we're in, in the retail business-- at Guitar Center where I give piano lessons and play piano at the front of the store to attract passers by's attention-- occassionally between lessons. Given my recent renewed interest in creating Youtube Playlists that highlight a topic along with associated music, I thought I'd look for Santa Clause playing instruments. Here is the playlist result. (The original inspirational Sam Ash ad is below the video).




Rick adds.... When Dorothy and I were holding our recitals at Sam Ash last year, their gift certificate methods were terrible. It now appears they've improved but I wouldn't trust them until I tested them. The original program looked good to me too but it burned my students.