CHAT

Thursday, December 10

My boss wants more singing instructors.


With the surge in demand for lessons of all kinds at Guitar Center, my boss says we're short on singing instructors. The one other piano teacher at my store is a combination singing and piano teacher but teaches one or the other. I prefer to teach piano WITH vocal if I do vocal-- which I haven't done until perhaps soon-- given the situation. So it's fairly easy for me to transition if I make the attempt I think-- as long as the student agrees to learn basic keyboard/piano skills, I can transfer some vocal skills. In pursuit of that, I'll now create a video playlist of vocal lesson videos I find interesting. I can pretty much guarantee that there won't be anyone teaching BOTH piano/keys and voice as a matter of course. In my opinion, you can't have one without the other. Similarly, the person wanting to sing should pick up a guitar or ukelele at least... something!! You simply cannot expect to sing if you don't have an instrument, in my view.